9 Magical Goodies You Can Take Today for a Happier Harvest Moon
~ Learn how to balance Astrological element, Water
"But there’s a full moon risin’
Let’s go dancin’ in the light
We know where the music’s playing
Let’s go out and feel the night” - Neil Young, Harvest Moon
Virgo Sun Pisces Moon
Let me begin by saying, has anyone felt the watery energy around us?
The Harvest Full Moon begins September 14, 2019, 12:33 am (EST). For water signs (Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces), you’re typically emotional and intuitive whenever there’s an overflow of water in the air, but adding in rain or the effects lingering from Hurricane Dorian, one can literally be thrown into an emotional rollercoaster. (My heart goes out to everyone in the Bahamas). Astrologically, if there is a lot of water in your chart, or simply not enough, you can bring elemental balance through practicing some simple things listed below, every day.
This month’s Harvest or Corn full moon is our intro into the fall and also is into the opposing sign of Pisces. The full moon occurs directly opposite of Virgo; (Virgo Sun = Pisces Full Moon). With Virgo as our sun sign, we are mixing in the therapeutic earthy scents of pine and juniper berry in September, crisp leaves crackling on the ground, bonfire smoke and the cool water of our full moon, Pisces. We are tapping into autumn and transitioning from these beautiful summer months to harvesting for the winter. A time when crops such as corn, pumpkins, squash, and wild rice are ready for gathering. Plus, an added benefit is it’s always time to add in soothing self care ritual to ease emotional strains. The Harvest full moon is always closest to the Autumnal Equinox.
How to Balance Water Element
We all need to balance our Water, Air, Fire and Earth elements from time to time. Check out my recommendations and magical goodies for this Harvest Full Moon:
•Tarot: Hierophant – this card speaks to how your values and/or society’s idea of how you show up in the world. This comes up when you are going back and forth in your mind trying to be happy, but also seeking the approval of others.
• Tarot Medicine – Forget the haters and side chatter, you are evolving and this is the moment to follow your own path, shape your own values, and make new traditions, but never forget who you are at the core.
•Crystal: Smoky Quartz – protects and grounds spiritually and physically. Smoky quartz transmutes negative energies and assists with the manifestation of one’s dreams and inspirations.
• Crystal Prescription – Hold the smoky quartz in your hand, close your eyes, let the crystal speak to you, and begin to allow your energy and the energy of the crystal transform your thoughts.
• Affirmation - I am grounded and centered in my physical body, and I work step-by-step to achieve my goals.
•Reiki: Place your hands on your heart and set an intention to release any negative energy from your aura, mainly energy around emotional ties and or attachments. Speak the intention out loud as it begins to engulf your mind, body and spirit.
•Ritual: Full Moon bath salts rituals are great for embracing the powerful magic of the Full Moon! Reflect on the affirmation above while soaking in this aromatic moment to rejuvenate mind, body and soul.
- Ingredients: 3 tablespoons Himalayan sea salt, 1/ 4 teaspoons dried Hibiscus petals or powder, 1/ 4 teaspoons dried Mugwort leaves or powder, 1/ 8 teaspoons Anise seed or powder, 10 drops Lavender oil
- Instructions: Place the salt in a small bowl. Gently crush herbs with a mortar and pestle or rolling pin or add herb powders, then combine with salt and mix. Add oil and stir thoroughly. Pour into bath under running water and Enjoy!
**Note: Not to be used during pregnancy or breast feeding
*Note: use tub stopper to catch herb leaves and petals so drain doesn’t clog
EXPERIENCE Sessions or Workshops:
- One on One Sessions: Tarot & Crystal Readings, Reiki & Yoga. Call 347-306-0013 for an appointment
- Workshops: Monthly New Moon Goddess Circle: Upcoming:9/28 @ Harlem Yoga Studio – 44 W 125th St, 3rd Fl New York, NY 10027
Featured Image: Pinterest (designer unknown)
Tarot Deck: The Afro Goddess Tarot Arcanas -First Edition - Author; Andrea Furtick